Osteo Quinone® provides calcium along with complementary vitamins to help maintain strong bones and teeth as well as the health of the heart, muscles and nerves. Adequate intake of calcium and vitamin D3 in a healthy diet is very important for teens, young adults and post-menopausal women. Vitamin K₂ in 100% natural source is really critical for keeping your bones strong and your arteries clean. Absorption and mineralization of calcium in bones and teeth is done by osteocalcin protein in osteoblasts. Osteocalcin is one of the vitamin K dependent proteins, which needs to activate by γ-carboxylation of glutamic acid residue in its polypeptide chain with vitamin K₂. Uncarboxylated osteocalcin cannot bind to calcium and deposit it in bones. Vitamin K₂ is a necessary co-enzyme for γ-carboxylation reaction and without K₂, osteocalcin remains inactive. Thus even with sufficient calcium level in blood, bones cannot absorb it. Vitamin K₂ also activates MGP protein which has inhibitory effect on calcification of soft tissues such as blood vessels, kidneys, cartilages and so on.
Vitamin K₂ besides increasing bone mineral density and prevention of calcium deposition in soft tissues activates GAS₆ proteins and is one of the effective factors for synthesis of cerebral sphingolipids and sulfatides. Vitamin K₂ deficiency has been known in neurologic diseases such as Parkinson, Alzheimer and MS.
- Helps bone growth and development in prepubertal children
- Eases Menopause symptoms
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Adjuvant therapy with bisphosphonates
- Prevention of bone loss in patients with corticosteroid therapy and GnRH antagonists
- Accelerates callus formation and healing of bone fractures
- Helps in neurologic diseases such as MS, Parkinson and Alzheimer
- Prevention of osteoporosis in brain and heart attacks and Parkinsonism